Thanks to The Secret (2006), by Rhonda Byrne, most everyone has heard about the law of attraction and how it can be used to get what you want. The book is a good read if you haven’t actually read it yet, it’s inspiring at the very least and full of motivational quotes you can put up to read on the mirror, refrigerator, or where ever else you will see it for when you need an extra lift!
How are people using the Law of Attraction to get what they want and how can it work for you? I’m going to shed some light on this below and also reveal what you missed in The Secret that is vital to understanding, in order to use these principles in order to get what you want in life!
So, What Is The Law of Attraction?
In a nutshell, the Law of Attraction states that “like attracts like.” The idea suggests are thoughts are energy and like energy attracts like energy. You basically attract what you put out into the universe. If you are always having negative thoughts, you will experience negative conditions. On the other hand, if you are thinking positive thoughts, you will attract positive things into your life. Your thoughts dictate what you bring into your life. You create your reality through the thoughts you think. What you put out, you ultimately get in return.
The Law of Attraction acts as a force between your thoughts and your dream becoming a reality. You will attract everything you require in between. That includes resources and action steps you need to take.
,There are a few principles to the Law of Attraction that were fairly common throughout The Secret.
- Unwavering Desire. Napoleon Hill said that “Desire is the starting point for all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything.” In order to get what you want, you have to know what that is. You are unique, you are drawn to certain things, experiences, places for a reason. What is it that you desire?
- Unshakeable Belief. Whether or not you believe in yourself can actually determine whether or not you will reach your goal! Self doubt, worry, fear of competition can get in the way. When you stay focused on the achievement of what you want and only that,
- Visualization of Goals. Remember when you were a kid, how easy it was to daydream? Or maybe you’re just like me and you easily drift off into a daydream and start thinking about everything! Things you don’t want to happen, things that may or may not happen because you are worried, and then maybe a daydream of what you’d love your life to look and be like. You should be visualizing your goals! Think about what it is you want. See yourself living the life you want. Feel it! Embrace it. Fully commit to imagining your best life. Don’t think about things that have not yet happened or what could happen. Easier said than done, but if we truly knew how powerful our thoughts are, we would be thinking positive thoughts all the time!
- Positive Affimations. I like the idea of postive affirmations when done correctly. Yes, there is a wrong way to do this. As an example, let’s use the affirmation “I commit to learning from my mistakes.” This is a big one for me by the way. I ask myself, am I reading this affirmation just for the sake of reading it and checking off a box, or do I fully embrace the energy as I read it and feel the emotion and truly believe it? It helps to actually look in the mirror as you say it. Say and something enough and you’ll slowly start to believe it!
How does this law actually work though? To understand that, you need to understand the Law of Vibration.
Understanding The Law Of Vibration
The Law of Attraction is a secondary law to the Law of Vibration. It is through this law, that the Law of Attraction reveals itself. Everything visible or not, has a vibratory frequency to it. Your thoughts are more powerful than you ever thought. Positivie thoughts are vibrating at a higher rate than negative thoughts.
- Everything is made of Energy. We are made of energy. Our thoughts are energy. If our thoughts are energy, that dictates what we are feeling, thus how high or low we are vibrating.
- Energy is always moving. A year from now, you will have results. You can’t go through life NOT having results.
- Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can be manipulated though. That’s where our thoughts come into play. Energy is neither positive or negative, it just IS. Our thoughts are determine whether we stay in a positive energetic state or negative.
How do you know your vibrational level at any given moment? Each emotion/feeling is linked to a frequency level. The Hawkins Scale is a useful tool to start checking yourself.
How Do The Laws of Attraction And Vibration Work Together?
How do these laws work together?
What you want, the life you want, the money you, the person you want to become…all exist on a certain vibratory frequency. You just aren’t on that frequency level yet. When you think about what you want, capture your feelings and emotions. That will dictate the vibration you need to be in. So, let’s say you want to have more money. Having more money will give you the time and financial freedom you need to spend more time with your family or allow you to travel more. It makes you feel wonderful! In order for the Law of Attraction to work, you must stay at this vibration. You can do this by finding things that make you feel wonderful NOW.
Consider the brain, the switching station. You think with your brain, but it cannot think for you. Thinking activates brain cells which shifts vibration. The key is to stay in a high vibratory state for as long as you can because that is what will attract what you get!
6 Tips To Help You Use The Law of Attraction To Get What You Want
- Journaling. This is a great tool to get you started. Think about what it is you want. Not what you think you can get. Put all self doubt and worry aside. Even if you don’t know how you will get it, don’t be afraid to allow yourself to write out what you want!
- Visualizing. Daydream! Visualize yourself having already reached your goal or gotten what it is you want. How do you feel?
- Checking In With Feelings. This is probably the hardest, but most necessary part for me. It’s important to check in with your feelings and emotions! We all have our off days and sometimes things happen that are beyond our control, but remember what it is you are going for!
- Intuition. Start listening to those gut feelings. This is how the action is going to be presented to you. I will cover tmore of this in a future post, but know those instincts happen for a reason!
- Actions. To get you started, each morning, take a blank sheet of paper. Take a few deep breaths and ask yourself, what is one thing I can do with what I have from where I’m at that can get me one step closer to my goal? It can be the smallest seemingly most insignificant detail, but write down whatever comes to mind.
- Meditations. Meditating is a great way to still the mind. It doesn’t have to be long, start with 10 minutes at a time. It helps to destress and just clear your mind. Everyone needs to take a step back sometimes and just breathe!
Some people would say to stay away from anything negative, but I actually enjoy reading skeptic’s opinions. I feel like it allows me to continue having an open mind and deeper awareness when engaging with others. With these invisible laws, you are bound to find alot of information both supporting the subject and criticizing it. Here is the most common criticism I see.
The Law of Attraction suggests that you don’t have to take action to reach your goal. This could not be further from the truth. I study under Mary Morrissey and Bob Proctor, and neither one of them even suggest the idea of just sitting there thinking about that car you desire and waiting until it magically appears out of thin air. You MUST take action in order to get what you want. You don’t have to know immediately what action steps you need to take, but as you align more on the frequency and vibration of what you want, you will know what you need to do through your gut feelings and intuition. It is your job to ACT on them!
My conclusion on alot of the criticisms I see are due to the person not fully having an understanding of how the laws work.
Go Forth and Live In Harmony With These Laws
Thank you for your attention, I truly hope this has helped shed some light into the Law of Attraction and how you can start using it today to get what you want! I’ll be sharing my own journey and experiences along the way as well!
The Law of Vibration is important to understand when trying to use the Law of Attraction because the vibration we are in in determines what we attract! Your thoughts do matter!
Have you had any experiences using these laws? I’d love to hear what you have or are currently trying to manifest in your life! Let me know in the comments!!