Nature indeed has a great way of gracing us with lots of amazing foods that boost mood and energy levels. Some foods provide more health benefits than others, as we all know. How many times do we have to be told to eat our vegetables?
You may have heard the term “superfood” in the health industry lately. While it’s a pretty nifty marketing term, there is some truth in the word superfood. Certain foods provide more nutritional value than others and can provide exceptional health benefits, as well as more energy! Which we all love!
In this post, we’ll talk about what a superfood is and the best superfoods for energy boosting!
What is a Superfood?
Superfoods are probably the top favorites since these are packed with phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, and many other essential components to nourish one’s body holistically.
According to Cleveland Clinic
Superfoods are those that offer exceptional health benefits, beyond what you’d expect based on just their nutritional profile
There is no one category of foods that are superfoods. They are just naturally higher in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
There are various superfoods available today but when it comes to boosting mood and energy levels, the following superfoods do a great job.
This is a well-known root that originates from Peru and is mainly found in the market in powder form. It is dried, powdered, and then exported all over the world. This is one of the best superfoods that play a vital role in boosting mood and energy. I use this particular brand and add a tablespoon to my smoothies in the morning!
- Balances hormones for both men and women. Offers relief of menopause and PMS symptoms in women and enhanced fertility for men.
- A great adaptogen which helps in decreasing stress levels, enhancing strength, libido, and stamina.
- Provides individuals with great endurance and energy.
- Contains plenty of trace minerals, such as selenium and zinc, which are great for conditions like depression, poor memory, fatigue, and more.
Download Your FREE “8 Superfoods for More Energy” Printable
This sweet cacao is a superfood but is not the same sugary chocolate bars you see in supermarkets. It is the original, pure, and raw cacao. The number of compounds and nutrients in raw cacao helps stimulate blood flow directly to the brain, increasing one’s energy level.
- Promotes weight loss.
- Boosts energy and endurance.
- Pure, organic and raw cacao is an excellent mood enhancer since this is packed with tryptophan, which is known as powerful component that boosts one’s mood
- The tryptophan is crucial in serotonin production, which further helps in relieving anxiety and providing positive impacts to the brain.
Originally grown in Mexico, chia seeds were used by Aztec warriors to achieve high energy and endurance. This is another breakfast staple of mine. In one cup of almond milk, mix in 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, cover, and leave in the refrigerator overnight. Add some fruit the next morning and enjoy!
- Helps to increase your fiber intake since this is a food with complete protein-rich fiber, iron, calcium, manganese, and phosphorus.
- Packed with Omega 3, Omega 6, and antioxidants that improve energy, endurance, and overall health.
- Your irritable mood due to the impurities and toxins in your digestive system will completely be eliminated with the help of this super food. Chia seeds create a gelatin-like substance and absorb plenty of water that cleans your digestive system.
Coconut is both a superfood and super drink. Coconut helps the absorption of vitamins and nutrients, such as magnesium and Vitamin B, that are essential in energy production.
- Water inside a young coconut is an isotonic drink loaded with electrolytes, which are greatly used in blood transfusions.
- Strong anti-viral properties.
- Packed with potassium, which is necessary for good hydration.
- The saturated fat in coconuts supports the immune system, nervous system, thyroid gland, and even skin.
These blue-green algae thrive mostly in alkaline lakes. This contains more than 65% complete protein and is also rich in chlorophyll and iron as well as essential fatty acids and beta carotene.
- Increases energy and strength and can help you recover from Bulimia.
- Spirulina can be used as powder and can be added to smoothies and juices or can be used as tablets, depending on the levels of activity, energy, and diet.
- Great for individuals with digestive issues as this helps improve absorption of essential nutrients within the body.
These are berries mainly found in America and Asia. These are dried and exported all over the world. They are one of the most highly nutritious fruits on Earth.
- Goji berries contain amino acids, proteins, and traces of minerals as well as antioxidants that protect you from free radicals and the aging process.
- Aside from boosting energy levels, these superfoods also boost sexual functions, libido, and the immune system.
Hempseeds and Oil
The hempseeds and oils are also complete source of proteins and packed with enzymes and life-force energy. This is also packed with Omega 3, 6, and 9 that are all vital for good brain function. This is also considered an effective natural beautifying oil.
- Boosts immune system and provides balance in individual’s essential fatty acids that further help in decreasing inflammation.
- An energy-enhancing food that improves mood and energy levels.
Flaxseeds and Oil
Flaxseed and its oil are rich sources of Omega 3 fatty acids which are beneficial to overall health. This also contains Omega 6 fatty acids which are responsible for perfect balance in the human body.
- Rich in essential fatty acids (or EFAs) which are vital for energy production as well as oxygen transfer, brain function, as well as strength immunity.
- Improves mood and boosts energy level as well.
Try incorporating these superfoods into your diet and you will surely enjoy never-ending benefits.
Download Your FREE “8 Superfoods for More Energy” Printable